Thursday, July 18, 2013
1. Three new gratitudes each day will teach your brain to retain a pattern of scanning the world not for the negative, but for the positive first.
- I lost 2 inches off my waist!
- I am nominated for Most Improved Female in my pool league!
- My sister is coming to see me tomorrow!
2. Journaling about one positive experience you've had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to re-live it.
- Last night at pool I was losing against a higher skilled player, I kept missing by just a little. Then all of a sudden I sunk 8 consecutive balls capturing the next break and I ended up winning! While I was playing, people started watching me and I heard someone exclaim “there’s no way this girl is only a 1!” (the handicaps go from 1-9, 9 being the highest).
3. Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
- I pushed myself to do 2mph on the Treadclimber today
4. Meditation allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we've been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once.
- need to work on this one!
5. Random or conscious acts of kindness - send a positive e-mail to thank or praise someone in your social support network.
- I posted encouraging words on several blogs on SP