Wednesday, July 17, 2013
i'm not sure why, but when I watch certain television shows- mostly all the shows I've been watching this summer- I get a kick in the butt and want to get up and exercise, or try something new.
Here's my Summer Television Inspiration:
"Food Network Star"
- 1) Those woman can cook and look darn good! They must a) know how to eat properly, and b) exercise at some point in time!
- 2) Some of those foods, although cooked in about 60 minutes or less... look SO decadent. Bacon Cheesecake? I want some!.. but I'd also know the calorie total of a small cheesecake would probably be about equal to a whole meal (sides and drink). I'd have to do extra exercise throughout the WEEK to justify a dessert like that... Bring it on!
"Extreme Weight Loss"
- 1) Chris Powell looks yummy. I want him to train me any day of the week. WHY doesn't he have his own videos I can oogle at Wal-Mart/Target?! The show's segments will have to do.
-- Part B- Maybe if I can get my husband to exercise with me more, he'll be as ripped as Mr. Powell (though my hubby is pretty defined as-is!)
- 2) This show SHOWS me that if super-obese people can do it, I can do it! I also see myself in some (not all, but some) of the people, and can identify with their fitness ups and downs, which helps inspire me when they break through a mental barrier!
"Ameican Ninja Warrior"
- 1) Again, YUMMY.
- 2) Watching the men and women on this show perform incredible acts of agility and strength, it makes you want to do it. Similar to how kids want to jump off the couch to be like Superman, I want to start installing handholds onto my walls and start rock-climbing in my living room!
This last point has led me to wonder if maybe we don't have any rock-climbing locations here in my neck of the woods. I'm sure there are, but I just haven't looked any up yet.
Maybe that could be the next date my hubby and I go on, rock climbing!