Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Everyone knows the obvious foods you want to avoid when eating out if you want a bikini body. We all know that to look good in a bikini, avoiding fried foods, heavy cream dressings, french fries and soda are not going to cut it. This blog is not going to tell you what you already know. Iím going to shed some light on a few dishes that may not have crossed your mind.
If you know me, you know how angry I get when foods are marketed as healthy, or bikini body worthy. Restaurants are just as guilty as any of the major food manufacturers. But if you can steer clear or these biggies, then you are going to be well on your way to losing fat and getting LEAN.
1. Lite Italian dressings Ė When you think of ďlite ItalianĒ you think itís made with some sort of vinegar, maybe some olive oil, but itís fine because itís not cream based. Itís often made with vegetable oil, soybean oil, cheese, high fructose corn syrup and sugar. Definitely NOT what you want if your goal is to get lean!
2. Buns Ė Maybe you realize this already, but just because you skipped the bread basket in the beginning doesnít mean you are home free. If you ordered a burger, ask the waiter to hold the bun so you arenít enticed. If your salad comes with pita bread, ditch it right away. Studies show that if you hold out in the beginning your will power wonít last so long afterward. So which would you rather have.. a bun or a toned bikini body?
3. Seasonal Veggies Ė Weird, right? Well you should still order a side of vegetables, but find out how they are prepared. When I was in Hawaii (the time I REALLY wanted to look good in a bikini) I ordered a side of veggies and they came out soaked in more oil than there was vegetables. Most times the oil or butter is better disguised, but be aware.. donít be afraid to ask for them steamed.
4. Turkey Tips Ė Most people think that just because itís turkey, itís healthy. Well, not all cuts are lean. Does the menu specify turkey breast? Iíve never seen it. Not to mention all of the calories, sugar and unhealthy fat in the marinades! If you want to be lean, you gotta eat lean.. cuts of turkey. lol
5. Fish Ė Same goes for fish. Just because you see fish on the menu, doesnít mean you are going to be swimming happily in a lean, bikini body if you order it. Most come with some kind of glaze, marinade or crust. These are not conducive to getting lean and toned.
Rather than ordering these things, here are a few items I recommendÖ
Salads.. without all the cheese, candied nuts, dressings, etc (use olive oil and vinegar for a healthy dressing)
Grilled steak tips and steamed spinach
Tuna tartare over a bed of baby greens
Bunless burger with a side salad
Grilled salmon and baked sweet potato
The Get In Shape Girl