Wednesday, July 17, 2013
I'm joining again the 5% challenge this summer.
The challenge starts on July 27 and it will last for 8 weeks. Several teams compete against each other in losing 5% of their weight and doing some other health-related challenges.
My commitment during this challenge is:
1) exercise daily - cardio and/or strength training
(walking, Walk away the pounds, bike, zumba songs...)
2) eat in moderation, portion control - (this is the hardest)
3) eat breakfast
4) no late night eating (after 19h)
5) drink plenty of water
6) post hour commitments - no food for several hours
7) check in with my team daily and record my progress
Reasons I want to lose weight:
- health (fatty liver, diabetes prevention...)
- other people (my family, being a role-model to my daughter, going to the swimming pools with them, other people's comments and the looks they give me...)
- my looks (stomach size, arms, legs, clothes, self-esteem, feeling normal when sitting with my friends...)