Wednesday, July 17, 2013
I saw a blog entry by another Sparker who wanted to make a list of ten things she liked/appreciated about her body, as it is RIGHT NOW. I thought that would be challenging, but good for me, so I'm going to try as well....
1. My fingernails. Sounds kinda superficial, but I have really great natural nails - strong, nice shape, fast growing - and I love painting them!
2. My neck. I have a nice long neck, and my skin is still holding up pretty well, despite being in my mid to late 40s - so I can show it off with up dos and scooped neck tops.
3. My brain. I'm no Einstein but I've managed to do alright for myself in life because of what I was given between my ears.
4. My heart. I'm not talking cardio, though I'm making progress there as well.... What I mean by heart is empathy, loyalty, and sincerity. I value those traits in myself, even though they make me a bit of a sucker sometimes. I'd rather be gullible than cynical.
5. My immune system. I have NO allergies, NO immune mediated issues, and maybe one cold per year. I credit that to a year spent living on a farm as a toddler, many pets, playing in the creek and woods behind my house, and my mothers cooking (more on that next).
6. My GI tract. I can eat just about anything and everything with no significant negative issues. My iron stomach should probably be credited to my mother, who NEVER throws food out. Expired food, stale food, moldy food, freezer burned food - didn't matter. I shudder to think what all I might have been served as a child.... But it makes travel abroad easy! My husband, by contrast, can't drink water out of someone else's tap without having GI issues for a week!
7. My inner ear. I have pretty sure balance, and only get motion sick when I try to read in the car. A great asset for someone who likes to boat, SCUBA dive, and ride roller coasters!
8. My vision. Thank God for my one sighted eye! I couldn't do my work without it, AND there is so much beauty in this world to see!
9. My hair. I have lots of it, and it's cooperative. Chemicals keep it blonde these days, but when it's root-free, it's enviable. Definitively my most attractive feature.
10. My strength. My body may have cosmetic flaws that I don't care for, but it WORKS! Like an old beat up car that starts right up on the first crank and never breaks down.... I can go and go. I was blessed with both physical strength and a mental toughness (or as my husband calls it - stubbornness) that together enable me to accomplish whatever I've put my mind to.
Hey, that wasn't too hard after all! Can you find 10 things that you like about your body as it is today?