Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Ever since I turned 38, it's like my metabolism has hit a brick wall. Stopped cold. Smacked me around a bit for slacking off, and said "Biiiiitch, you thought you had a hard time losing weight *before*? Just you wait and see! LOLOLOL." Metabolism is a jerk. Well, MY metabolism has turned into a major jerk. I haven't been eating particularly badly, I've been focusing on eating fewer processed foods, more "clean" foods, fruits and veggies, very little soda, lots of water, and I'm STILL gaining weight. Fuuuuuu.... I'm once again within shouting distance of my heaviest weight and it's pissing me off. And depressing me. Sadly, I'm always so.damn.tired. and just never have the energy to work out. GAH.
However, I *did* actually hit the gym this last Saturday and I worked.my.ass.off. I started C25K over again and worked on increasing my running pace. Used to run at 4.3/4.4 mph and increased it to 4.9 mph for the running periods this time. I even sprinted during the last running period (6.5 mph) and didn't die. Miracle of miracles! For upcoming sessions, I think I'm going to increase my "regular" pace again, try 5.2 mph or somewhere around there. See if I can sustain it and build my endurance at that pace. I also did a lot of strength training, mostly arms and back, but some legs and core, as well. I'm still sore 3 days later. Despite the fact that I kinda felt like I was going to puke when I was done working out, I still felt damn good.
Goals for this week:
* Get back into logging everything I eat and drink
* Cut back on booze. I don't drink everyday or anything, or even drink a LOT, but I *have* found that my love for beer certainly seems to negatively affect my metabolism
* Complete C25K W1 this week, and with faster paced running sessions
* Complete at least 2 more strength training sessions this week and some non-C25K cardio
* Increase my movement during the day and try to get out from behind my desk more often