I missed blogging yesterday. Sleeping in another person's home tends to get me off track. But I am so glad that it did not KEEP me off track. My daughters and I exercised and made healthy choices.
My girls and I went for a walk. My youngest, however, was headstrong about only walking for 40 minutes. I told her that I had a walking path around the neighborhood but did not know how fast it would take us to complete it. Well, the walk was 60 minutes. They were so surprised. They walked together because I tend to walk very fast. I would get so far ahead of them and stop and perform Hip Hop Abs' Get Busy. I love that move. Then when they caught up to me, I would go walk again. A lot of sweating took place and I plan to do it again today. Hopefully before the rain blesses us with its presence.
For lunch I had a salad and grapes. And dinner was a 6" turkey and avocado flat bread sandwich at Subway. I feel good about my choices and went to bed happy.
So, today I believe that I will not stay idle. I am planning on staying in and not going shopping. I have a chicken taco salad on the menu for dinner and I made sure I had my sugar-free bread for lunch. Having the food I need to be successful is vital. I hope the next four days will be easy to make good choices.
I would say that I depend on my daughters to keep me in check, but not so much. I think that they are only doing this because I am. They do not like the fact that I am smaller than they are. My oldest keeps telling me that I look fine and should not be so gung ho. But I told her I have not reached my goal weight and just because I look good to them does not mean I am living at my healthiest weight. Then she went on to tell me that I should allow them to catch up to me.
Ha! Ha! Sorry Samantha! I have waited too long to get to this point and I am not waiting on anyone. See Mommy go!
I said that not to be a smart butt. I need them to understand that my decision has nothing to do with theirs. I know my girls. They are slow to start and must be pushed the entire way, which I am gladly doing. But I cannot be detoured from my goal. I desire to be 150 pounds before the end of this coming school year. Preferably earlier than that. But as long as I reach my goal, I will be a happy camper.
So how does the Real ME find ways to stay in control?
1) So, I will stay in control by making meal decisions for each day ensuring that the healthy choices are in my kitchen. If I have the veggies and lean protein I will use them.
2) I will encourage my daughters to join me in exercise. My youngest has been exercising to Hip Hop Abs with me. We have so much fun exercising together. I make her laugh with my different moves and facial expressions. I love it!
3) I will continue to make healthy dinner entrees that my entire family will enjoy the taste and healthy benefits. My husband has been eating healthy because of my desire to change up foods and not fry. I like using the crockpot and infusing new and exotic vegetables to our dinner. He likes it and so do my daughters.
4) I will acknowledge that I have no control and will look to the One who has it all. In order to accomplish this, I must read my Bible and pray for God's guidance. He has set my path. It is up to me to hear His voice and follow it.
5) Finally I will continue to blog. I love writing and find it helps me in my overall path to success. I also love to read the comments from my fellow SparkPeople. I enjoy when someone tells me I have encouraged them, or they give me advice, or just confirm what I wrote. Thanks for reading!!!
All of these steps will help me to stay in check. This is important and I cannot leave one step out in my journey to discover the Real ME!