Some of you know I had a total knee replacement March 18th, 2013 so here's some things that I learned a long the way.
1. NEVER schedule any surgery the day after St.Patricks Day if you are Irish...(what the heck was I thinking?)
2. It is totally possible to gain a ridiculous amount of weight in a short period of time.
3. There are too many court shows on tv..I could have a degree in law I swear!
4. I could have easily re-addicted myself to World of Warcraft. Luckily I couldn't sit at the computer too long! Hehe
5. Always, ALWAYS, try on your work clothes (and jeans) periodically to make sure you can still fit in them. Not cool finding out the DAY you go back to work. Take my word for it!
(Some dummy I know wore gym shorts and sweats with the elastic waist band the entire time she was recovering--huh? what?!!)
6. Make sure your significant other knows how to cook. Nutrition is vital!
Mine knows how to pick up Blubber King on the way home from work. Cooking? Eh, not so much. Though he did make pretty good scrambled eggs for me once....who knew ??
7. Percocet is NOT your friend.
8. My FAVORITE days were when my family and friends came by for a visit, texted or called to check on me.
It was during this time of vulnerability, that I realized HOW important family and friends are and I'm so happy to have them in my life.
So there ya go...Some important observations and lessons learned for any future surgical procedures. Hopefully you will not have to go through any of this. Keep your parts for a long as you can! I'm finding out the fake ones aren't nearly as good as the real ones though I'm glad I finally had it done.
If you've had surgery and learned a thing or two while you recovered, feel free to post away. I love reading the comments !
Have a healthy day