As we prepare for the upcoming challenge, we complete a few assignments to reflect on where we are and where we want to be.
What do you want to change?
- I want to have more energy and be more positive. Even at my goal weight, my stress level and temper were high. I want to improve my attitude and have energy to run with my family!
- Since gaining weight in Dec/Jan, I am tired all the time, low energy, and easily fatigued. I want to be able to go on my long walks again, take cycle and yoga classes again, and play soccer with my kids again.
How do you want to look?
- I have boxes in my closet full of nice clothes in size 4-6 that comfortably fit and looked good on me 7 months ago. Now, I have bought a few size 10-12 clothes that look ok, but I am rounder and less toned. I want the muscle tone back that I had last year and the slim look, being able to wear pretty much anything I wanted to.
How do you want to feel?
- I want to be level-headed and clear thinking, high energy, ready for anything my kids or my students throw at me. I want to feel confident and prepared, in the classroom, at home, wherever.
What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body?
- I will be able to play soccer with my kids, handle difficult situations without losing my temper, and enjoy life instead of always feeling like I have to be working on something.
Being finished with grad school will help, new job in a new school with new responsibilities could be both a welcomed change and an added stressor.