DAY 2, FOLKS!
Here's a reiteration of the 5 key activities for boosting happiness/success:
1. Three new gratitudes each day will teach your brain to retain a pattern of scanning the world not for the negative, but for the positive first.
2. Journaling about one positive experience you've had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to re-live it.
3. Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
4. Meditation allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we've been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once.
5. Random or conscious acts of kindness - send a positive e-mail to thank or praise someone in your social support network.
1. I'm thankful for the world's greatest ex, who is kind enough to send me adorable photos like this one while he's in Florida on vacation with our babies.
We may not have been able to keep the marriage together and we may not be perfect all the time, but we get along extremely well and we have remained friends and on good terms to this day. We have NEVER fought in front of our kids or said a negative word about each other to them. He is, after all, still my brother in Christ and he deserves to be treated as such.
2. I'm thankful for the ability to work from home some days. Today, I had a package that I needed to be home to sign for and I am able to easily access all my work from my computer at home. I know that many people don't have jobs where they have the freedom to do this and I never take this for granted.
Plus, my office assistant at home is tres cute!
3. I'm thankful for my friend, Tracy. She is the person who introduced me to and enrolled me in Melaleuca. Today, I received a Value Pack with over 50 of their wonderful products, so I can truly convert my home to a safe, chemical free place. I can't tell you what peace of mind this gives me. In addition, Tracy has gone above and beyond to make herself available to me to help train me on the business side and get me started the right way with my very own Melaleuca business. For all the time she's put into me and the kindness she's shown me, plus the fact that she really believes in me (even when I begin to doubt myself), I am truly thankful.
Yesterday afternoon, my stepdad drove down to Bloomington from Indianapolis and he brought my 5 yr old niece, who I rarely get to see. This little darling is an absolute genius! (Evidence: she used the word "alignment" in reference to her sock when she was putting her shoes and socks on.)
We drove to Nashville, IN and did some window shopping, ate the famous Brown County fried biscuits with homemade apple butter and then went out to Red Lobster for dinner. That little girl is so mature and so VERBAL...she was cracking me up ALL DAY LONG. I LOVE HER! Never imagined I could love a child as much as my own, but I would take care of this lil girl in a heartbeat if necessary.
Lovely afternoon and, better yet, my stepdad left $50 on my counter as he prepared to leave. Desperately needed that. Very thankful!
I walked to the grocery store when I needed groceries today and carried about 5 bags and a gallon of milk back. That was only about 10 mins, so I also did Level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. That was really really hard. And...that's all I have to say about that. Haha.
Since Iíve been working at home today, itís been very quiet in my apartment. I try to work as diligently as possible at home, but of course we all have moments in the day where you just have to stop, avert your eyes from the computer and take a little break. Iíve mostly just been cherishing the silence todayÖfeeling the A/C on my skin and doing my best to remain calm and not let stress enter this place.
RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS -
How's it going for you guys? Any good stuff to share yet???