I joined Spark People on November 21 of 2012. For the first week, I concentrated on logging all my food – but changed nothing about it. I wanted a clear picture of what I was eating and what would have to change. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to find that what I was eating wasn’t really that terrible. Eating restaurant food was all too common though. Not so much fast food – but I DO get a Christmas card every year from the local pizza restaurant!
Lol (Well maybe not this year!
Anyway this week marks 8 months with SparkPeople. Although I still have a lot of weight to lose, I have already dropped more than 40 lb. It’s time to take stock on my achievements thus far:
1. I am feeling so much better!
2. I have much more energy
3. I am looking after myself better than ever before
4. I am not only becoming healthier physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well
5. I am becoming much more of a participant than a bystander in my own life!
6. I am moving my body a lot more
7. I am wearing smaller clothes
8. I have lost many inches from my frame
9. I can move much easier
10. I am feeling more confident
11. I appreciate and enjoy food more
12. I have learned a whole lot about nutrition & exercise
13. I view food in a very different way: not good or bad. Nutritionally, healthy or healthier
14. I have learned there are always choices, some better than others
15. I have learned that a bad choice is just that. Follow it with a better one.
16. I have tried new foods
17. I have learned new ways to prepare foods
18. I feel in control of food now, as opposed to vice versa
19. I have met some fantastic people – that I wouldn’t have met otherwise
20. I feel compelled to push myself
21. I am excited about what new things the future might bring
22. I feel more gratitude than ever before
23. I have been able to shake some of my old thinking that only held me back
24. I am learning to give to myself what I’ve only ever been able to give to others: love, support & appreciation
25. I can climb out of the bath tub much easier
26. I have learned that life & success don’t follow a straight line
Best of all – I have learned I am worth this and more. The plan, the support and all the tools are here – I just have to carry on as I am. Push myself on days that I don’t feel like it and most importantly, reach out to others to offer & receive love, support and encouragement.
This is what Spark People is all about! My fuse is lit and there’s no stopping me now!