This is an exercise commitment game. Here are the rules:
Give yourself one point for each correct guess, in advance of the following. All picks lock in by 8PM EDT on Tuesday July 16, 2013
1. Pick the league that will win the game. I
2. Pick the MVP Most Valuable Player of the game.
3. Pick the winning pitcher.
4. Pick the person who scores the 1st run of the game.
5. Pick the person who gets credit for the first run batted in of the game.
6. Pick the person who strikes out first.
7. Pick the person who hits the first home run of the game.
8. If a "save" is recorded, pick the pitcher who is credited for it.
9. Pick the pitcher who strikes out the most batters (a tie is OK).
10. Pick the number of times you hear the words "Mid-Summer Classic" in order, by an announcer. (Honor system on this one).
11. Take one point for each advertisement for non-Sparky food or drinks (we're talking, beer, soda, doritos...). No quibbling; has to be dramatically non-Sparky.
12. Take one point for each non-baseball celebrity the cameras zero in on and identify (example: Billy Crystal is sure to be there).
Add up your points. Take ten, subtract your points total. The result is your daily exercise requirement, in hours/miles, as an obligation you make to the others playing, in hours, for the remainder of the week! Maybe you wind up with none! Know your baseball and do well.
Respond below in your comments, to signify you are playing and to set forth your predictions, if you dare! Go!