There are so many things that I can do now, that I could not do a year ago. Things like-
1) walking up and down stairs without feeling like my knee was giving out or having severe pain
2) tying my shoes without getting out of breath
3) crossing my legs
4) running! Yeah, I don't like it, but I can do it! In fact, I ran with the dog a couple of days ago!
5) Tuck in my shirt without worrying about how it looks.
6) Buy - and wear- a belt! I can buy them in the women's department now, too!
7) Shop in regular sizes instead of plus sizes.
8) Shop garage sales and thrift stores, though often the clothes are too big!
9) have my picture taken without embarrassment.
10) feel confident when speaking in public.
11) Spend 45-60 minutes on the elliptical without dying.
1) Look forward to going to the gym
2) Constantly look for ways to add extra movement into my day.
3) Judge every bite of food on its own merit to determine whether or not it is worth eating.
4) Eat in restaurants without worry about what to order/eat because I am familiar with it all and this is my lifestyle not a diet.
5) Pack my lunch regularly because that way I know what is in it and because I have measured each item and know how it fits into my eating plan for the day. I also like my home cooked food better!
6) feel comfortable NOT eating at social gatherings because I am there to be with those present not there for the food! If other people are uncomfortable with me not eating, that is THEIR problem, not mine!
I feel like my life is so balanced and comfortable now. I wish I had been able to reach this state years ago. Alas, the time was not right. I am so glad that I started last year so that this year, I am where I want to be. I am 56 years old and in the best health I have ever been in. Life is wonderful!