Sunday, July 14, 2013
LDRICHEL is one of my Sparkfriends and I subscribe to her blogs. We face some of the same issues and her outlook inspires me. Her latest blog speaks about happiness and how it may be found while working on other issues (such as weight loss) instead of waiting for that other issue to be resolved. She also shared some info about how to reprogram your thinking so that the focus becomes more automatic towards being positive instead of negative.
1. Three new gratitudes each day will teach your brain to retain a pattern of scanning the world not for the negative, but for the positive first.
2. Journaling about one positive experience you've had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to re-live it.
3. Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
4. Meditation allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we've been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once.
5. Random or conscious acts of kindness - send a positive e-mail to thank or praise someone in your social support network.
I am joining her in this daily journey to happiness! Come along!