Sunday, July 14, 2013
Is it still in "invasion" if you know they are coming? Maybe encroached upon would be a better word. Yeppers, today is the day Mom and Dad come home. And for some reason I awoke at 6:15am. WHY ME? (because I ask questions like that!)
Anyway, the yard is mowed and I am working on the house today. I have to re-vacuum as it stormed yesterday and Max now has a white trail of hair everywhere he laid down yesterday. I know, sometimes he is more of a pain in the butt that he needs to be. I have NEVER seen a dog shed like this when terrified. But it gives me an excuse to wrap my body around his and lay down with him and sing to him - he's the only one who likes it when I sing. I swear!
Anyway, I have done it. I haven't gone all the way back to where I was, but my weight is back to just about where I was when I got sick and REALLY dropped the weight. I weighed in at 233.2 yesterday evening and 233.8 today. And while it isn't 228, I am also not sick and I am okay here. I started last week at 244. MAJOR, MAJOR DIFFERENCE.
Here's what I learned:
1. If it's in the house, I am going to munch on it.
2. If I am sick and can't work out, wire my mouth shut.
3. Stress makes me eat, and stress-eating makes me gain FAST.
4. Don't take all your medication, especially B vitamins on an empty stomach. You'll puke.
5. You don't have to eat "nothing", but you do have to MOVE to keep the weight off.
6. If I can't handle the 14 pounds of gain that I had over the past week on my body frame, I will never be able to handle adding 53 backs to my body, so I had better make this a life change and stick to it.
And if that wasn't enough, the depression of gaining a significant amount of weight was a major blow to me. I shut down everything that I couldn't watch happen in slow motion. I was analyzing everything and overanalyzing more. I now know that depression and stress-eating are major dangers for me. I just need to RECOGNIZE my dangers and avoid them.
Peace, Love, and Sunday!