Friday, July 12, 2013
Today wasn't a great day. 2nd day of not feeling well and found out my disability insurance is going to fight me on paying me for this week. My doctor took me off until the 15th but they feel I could have gone back this week. I wish the insurance company would trust the doctor's decision seeing as how he met, operated on, called me in twice due to problems with the incision and felt that because of my job, I needed the extra week. To the insurance company, I'm just a number. Hoping this isn't a long dragged out process. It's only for $450. It isn't like I'm going to break their bank. They didn't pay for the first 2 weeks as it's a waiting period and the one week I have been paid for was for the same amount as the week they are fighting me on. My company has paid tens of thousands for my coverage over the last 20 years...and they are sweating me over $900???
I know we'll be okay financially if I don't get it...but having surgery and being out for 4 weeks, wiped out my savings.
Shaking my head.....