Alcohol is Poison
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Alcohol is an highly addictive drug. I thought most people knew that. But it came to light recently to me that most people don't realize that.
Alcohol is socially accepted, but it really is a poison, a toxin, an addictive drug.
Alcohol is NOT healthy - despite what so-called medical experts claim that it can be part of a healthy lifestyle if consumed in MODERATION which is only ONE small drink per day for women ! Alcohol is still poison to the body that causes considerable damage.
Have you ever forgotten saying something when you were drunk ? Well, of course. Alcohol destroys brain cells.
Have you ever thrown-up from alcohol ? Either the night of drinking or the next morning ? Well, of course. Your body is trying to get rid of the poison.
Have you ever been unsteady on your feet or had blurry vision from alcohol? Well, of course. Alcohol inebriates you and alters all of your senses.
Your liver has to work overtime when you drink to break-down or metabolize that alcohol. Alcohol takes preference over food. The liver becomes enlarged and full of scar tissue and eventually you can have liver failure. Then you die. An alcoholic with a destroyed liver is going to be WAY down on the list for a liver transplant. My brother died of alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver when he was only 41.
Maybe you think you can just have a tiny little bit of "poison" once in a while and it won't hurt you. Well, if that's true for you, God Bless You ! But most people fall into the alcohol trap and get "hooked" on this drug, and start drinking more and more at one time, or more and more often (like every day). Why go down that road?
It had gotten WAY out of hand for me. I was addicted to alcohol. I decided to quit. I read Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking" and I lost my desire to drink alcohol. I saw alcohol for what it really is: a poison, a toxin, and a highly addictive drug.
Be careful if you consume it. You could become addicted as well.