I'm not really sure what clicked, but after a couple of years I have found the resolve to truly follow the Spark Solution. Here are some results that I see:
1) I am fixing most of our food from scratch, using Spark recipes. Today I was on my feet for hours with two labor intensive recipes, but it was worth it. I chose recipes that I hoped my husband would enjoy, and he really did like them! I will be sharing food with my parents in the morning. By the way, I thought they were delicious recipes too!
2) I am finally working through Spark videos of strength training, and I am beginning to see hints of change in my body. This is a first for me; I have never been a fan of ST! I'm not doing ST as much as I should, but it is a start! Spark videos are short but effective.
3) I checked my Spark summary report. I have stayed within calorie range each day of July. I only exceeded my calorie limit one day in May and one day in June! Woohoo.
4) I am finding the inner strength to make wise choices at restaurants. I generally skip the appetizers, the bread and the desserts that I used to consider as a nice treat. I don't feel deprived; I feel like I am respecting this 63 year old body by choosing healthier foods.
5) I am not raiding the pantry repeatedly after dinner as I was before buying into the Spark Solution. Chef Meg's recipes are so satisfying that I don't usually feel compelled to snack. When I do choose a snack it is because I truly am hungry.
6) I am really enjoying my Spark Coach sessions each morning. I find something to motivate me every day.
Again, I don't know why the new book really clicked with me, but it did. Instead of just paying lip service to Spark People, I have become a real active participant! I am trying to spread the Spark!
If you are sitting on the fence with Spark People, I encourage you to jump in with both feet! It is a great place to be. The social aspect is marvelous, and the nutrition and fitness components are really helpful. Read the Spark and/or the Spark Solution and believe!