Wednesday, July 10, 2013
I exercised and ate very healthy last week despite some challenges. I ate much better when traveling (went to visit mom for 4 days) than I have in the past. Family and friends were very supportive of me saying “no” to special treats and alcohol.
Specifics on July goals:
1. I weighed in at the end of the week; I lost one pound
2. I got off the proton pump inhibitor medication! I took NONE! I was really sick with GERD (stomach problems) for about 2 days after stopping the medication, pretty much unable to keep any food down – but after that initial reaction, I have been almost normal (better than I was on the medication!)
3. I am proudest that I made major diet changes. I had no alcohol; no rich sweet desserts; very limited wheat; and I did not overeat. WOO HOO! That’s huge for me! Instead of rich desserts, I occasionally had whole fruit Popsicle. And I did go with my friends to happy hour (in my town, that’s when we can get small servings of food at good restaurants for a very moderate price); I ordered a fresh squeezed fruit juice with soda water.
4. I took calcium and D daily
5. I increased strength training, and maintained walking/hiking (including more challenging hikes). I stretched 3 times.
6. I kept up my commitment to drinking enough water and at least 5 freggies
Thanks to everyone who left prayers and kind wishes for my mom and me, it is much appreciated. She is comfortable and dozing most of the time. I know she is at peace with the Lord. My brothers, sisters and I will alternate flying/traveling in to spend time with her at her nursing home so she is surrounded by love.