The next three days are going to be chaotic. To say the least.
- I work till 5p. Have to skip my lunch break b/c I lost time yesterday taking my 6 yr old for testing.
- I have to hit the grocery and grab a couple of items we will need for our trip
- DQ has therapy at 4:45, Dance starting at 5:00 (she will be late to dance), and won't be done with dance till 7:30p.
- V has karate from 4:30 - 5p. Good thing we have a rent-a-teenager and the dojo is so close to home.
- Have to bake cookies for DQ's dance lock-in tomorrow
- I have two totes to finish tonight and a house to start cleaning
- Work till 5p, again skipping lunch to keep my hours in.
- DQ has dance at 4:00p, and won't be home from it as the instructor is having a lock-in for the girls.
- Have to run two sold totes to cities that are 15-20 minutes away from my home and get the money for them.
- Have to drop the dog off at my parents house.
- Have to finish cleaning house and pack. I've asked the Rent-A-Teenager to help me with the cleaning/laundry while she is home with the girls all day.
- Work till 3p (hopefully i can get out that early)
- Leave for Savannah!!!!
It's crunch time. High stress. But you know what? I'm going to just do what I can with the time I am given, and things will work out. I have taken this Whole30 lifestyle on the road before. When I did it was a month ago. I had just started out with it. I could smell the french fries my children were eating when we stopped at Wendy's, and I WANTED them. I ate my salad, resisted the cravings, and went on with life.
I think this time will be a little easier. I don't want those foods anymore. I know how bad it is for me. I honestly don't want it. I know how to make good choices while I am on the road. I know how gluten makes me feel miserable, and I honestly don't want to spend my only vacation this year feeling miserable, so it is easy to make the choice to stay away from it. I have yet to try gluten free grains (such as corn chips, rice, etc), and legumes (peanut butter, black beans, etc.) But I will get to them. I may try corn chips today as there are some sitting in my office, with some home made salsa a co-worker brought in.
My weight is still 184.4 this morning. That is a 13.6lb loss since being on Whole30. Which averages out to around .35 lbs per day. Isn't too bad at all in my book. The last time I took measurements and put them in my SP tracker was 01/12.
Anyway I took measurements today, and I am down 8 inches total from that point. This all reinforces that this is working. I'm not going to let myself start obsessing over numbers, because I will drive myself crazy with it. But this reinforces my decision to keep doing this.
I found this article to give me tips for running on the beach. Very informative. I thought I might share it with my fellow SPers just in case they want to try running on the beach as well!
Hope your day goes fantastic today!!!