How Do I know when I'm healthy?
Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Spark coach assignment, to blog about ways beyond the scale to measure health.
1) My blood sugars are in range. of fasting -100, A1C between 4-6. So this means I need to check them. I resolve to check them randomly, twice a day and record them in Spark. I have set my phone to ring an alert when I pull into the drive way, and at 9 pm to remind me to check them.
2) my blood pressure is in range, and I have reduced my meds
3) I sleep 8 hours a night, with no mania
4) my clothes are a size 18. I don't know what weight I will be there, but I would love to be able to shop in normal size clothing, like a healthy person. I've come from a size 32, or 5x to my current 2x, 22 bottom and 4x top.
5) I can do more. Activities that scare me now because of my weight, like airplane seats, carnival rides, water slides are doable.
6) no binges. I eat like a healthy person, with discipline. 3 meals, 2 snacks.