Monday, July 08, 2013
You know on a daily basis I read reasons people can't eat right or exercise. Well, I'm here to tell you that they are lying to themselves, you & me! Here we go with deal breakers for all those lies & excuses!
1. I don't have time to eat healthy. Seriously!!!??? Eating salad takes THAT much more time to eat than a bacon cheese burger???
2. I can't afford to eat healthy. REALLY??? How much out of pocket do you spend on meds for diabetes & high blood pressure that wouldn't be needed if you weighed what you should???
3. I don't want to deprive my kids. This one actually makes me MAD! Deprive them of what exactly??? Being made fun of? Not being able to play with the other kids? Heart disease? diabetes??? Struggling with being FAT their entire lives???
4. I don't have time to exercise. How much earlier do you get up to put on make up & do your hair??? I'm guessing for many it could be about the same as at least a BRISK 15 minute walk up & down the block!
5. I can't exercise because I have kids. Poppycock, I say!!! My son LOVES to walk, play & exercise!!! He always has. If yours don't it might be time to think about that!!! TV, Computer, video games have replaced OUTSIDE!!! It's not good! Do you know that the experts recommend 1 hour...yes an HOUR of exercise for EVERYONE EVERY DAY!!!! Children NEED to play & exercise. It helps with growth, bone & muscle development! It helps with coordination & reflexes! It helps BRAIN development. Having kids is actually a great reason TO exercise!
I could go on, but I think these 5 are my top irritations! For EVERY excuse I have a REASON so bring them on! I have had excuses for every bad decision I've ever made & NONE of them stood up to scrutiny!