Answering the questions from the SP article:
1. I woke at 4 a.m., fell back to sleep about an hour later, and re-awoke at 6:30 a.m.
2. I lay down to go to sleep last night around 10:30 p.m.
3. Last night's bedtime routine: brush teeth, floss, cleanse face w/cold cream, moisturize, brush hair, watch a "30 Rock" with the hubby.
4. Last foods: Sunday dinner of med. rare tri-tip, half a baked potato w/lite sour cream, dark leafy salad w/broccoli "slaw," half a corn on the cob, roasted asparagus. Finished dinner by 6:30 p.m.
5. No, I did not exercise yesterday (Sunday).
6. No alcohol.
7. Yes, a black coffee in the parish hall after Mass, and I think I had a tea at home yesterday afternoon.
8. No medications. I didn't even take the Melatonin because it seemed to keep me up!
9. No naps yesterday.
10. Less stress, as hubby has been selling things on Ebay and Craigslist to raise $$$ for his upcoming surgery. The boys, however, continue to drive me NUTS, God bless 'em.
11. Hunger yesterday: 3-Strong hunger
12. Awake yesterday: 2-Somewhat exhausted
13. Irritability yesterday: 3-Moderately irritable
1. It probably took me about half an hour to fall asleep last night: big improvement!
2. I tossed and turned a lot; I know I woke up a lot, but was able to fall back to sleep rather quickly, *except* for when I got up at 4 to use the bathroom. That was murder.
3. I probably slept a whopping SIX hours last night-- which is a HUGE improvement, thanks be to God. I hope I can keep this up!
The other change I tried but did not work is I asked Ricky to sleep on the couch the other night, as his snoring and restlessness often wakes me. (We have been in love for 29 years-- we met when we were only 16 and 17 years old!-- and we've been in the same room for 24 years!) Well... I missed him so much I got almost NO sleep that night! When I finally *did* fall asleep, I had nothing but nightmares.
So now I know I sleep better right next to my dear hubby, snoring and all!