Sunday, July 07, 2013
The promised rain that we were supposed to get yesterday didn't materialize and it's looking pretty nice out there this morning...another sunny day???
We had a great day yesterday. Garry and I headed into the city in the morning and checked out a a Portuguese Bakery that he had found. I was amazed at how inexpensive their bread was. Just a little tiny place on a very busy street. We came home with a huge loaf of sourdough bread, some raisin bread, 2 very tasty looking sausage rolls for Garry and a couple of cream horns that I haven't seen anywhere for a very long time. The bread was half the cost of the bread that I usually get in the store and the loaves are bigger. I think there might be a trip into the city to the bakery more frequently in our future!
I tried a couple pieces of the sourdough bread to see how it would do with my system. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't have the reaction that I have with the bread I get from the store. Now I'm wondering if I'm really dealing with a gluten issue or if it's all the preservatives that the store bread contains! Some experimenting in my future that's for sure.
Kaeli came over yesterday and helped Garry get the rest of the yard work done in the front yard. Now the holes are dug, the ground paper down, the pots installed and just the rock left to get and spread around. I'll take a pictures when it's all done. We had planted sunflowers in the pots, buts they have taken such a beating with the hail and all the rain we had that they don't look so cheery anymore. I think next year I will just plant marigolds in the pots as they seem to with stand pretty much everything!
I did get pictures taken of my garden, I just have to get them loaded onto the computer still.
1. A great relaxing weekend for both Garry and I. We have had some quality time together. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Kaeli's willingness to come over and help her Dad. Such a blessing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. A great evening Friday evening with Shyra and Kyle and nice weather to sit out on the deck. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Today we are going to "Taste of Strathcona", an opportunity to sample lots of different food items prepared by chefs from the area. We can buy our tickets at the door and then wander around and try the samples. Should be lots of fun. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. We have had pretty nice weather this weekend considering rain was forecasted for most of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. Kaeli helped me figure out how to retrieve my messages on my cell phone. I did have it set up, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the pass word I had used. None of the ones I thought it was worked. We finally googled how to reset the password and now it's working. We even got my phone sync'd with my vehicle so that if someone calls me I can answer it "hands free" if I have to. I also have On Star in my vehicle so I don't need my cell phone. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm super pleased with my organic box delivery. The veggies are so fresh as are the fruits. I confirmed with the delivery person the approximate time that they would deliver each time and its a perfect time for me. Yay. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I found the perfect size jar for using to make my soy emergency candles in. Now I just have to get my wicks and gather a couple more jars from people and I'm ready to make my candles. Thank you, thank you, thank you. (I could use my canning jars, but don't want to waste them on candles!)
9. I made a watermelon, strawberry lemonade yesterday that is so good. Nothing else added (no sugar) just the incredients and if you want you can add sparkling water. It tastes great on it's own. I love pintrest.com! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I've been blessed with another new day and looking forward to want ever it has in store for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Sunday,