Post (Garza County) 10K
Saturday, July 06, 2013
The town of Post was founded in 1907 by C.W. Post of the breakfast cereal empire. He laid out the town and sold lots to people at less than value to bring people to his town.
The walk started at the McDonald's which sits at the junction of Hwy 380 and Hwy 84. We first walked out to the cemetery which has a lovely entrance gate.
Back in town we went past the visitor's center which is the old Post RR Depot.
The walk continued out to the city park with a nice small lake and then back toward town passing this statue.
We wandered through residential areas to make up the distance needed and then passed the Garza County courthouse which was built in 1923 in the Prairie Home Style.