Yes, I'm still here!
Saturday, July 06, 2013
Wow! It's been two months since my last blog. Busy! Busy! Busy!
1. I had a great time surprising Hubby for his 50th birthday party. I planned a get together with 9 other couples at Jazz in Omaha. Great food! Great friends!
2. Patience has paid off! I am finally working at the hospital close to my house more often. July I will be four days a week. In August I will go full time for three months while the other pharmacist is on maternity leave. After that, I will drop down to three days a week. I'm still on at the Omaha hospital too, but much less. This is so much less commuting, and it's day shift, normal hours. WooHoo!
3. Swim team is going great for all the kids. Sean has almost made it across the pool, and has done two races. He's acting more and more like he belongs on the team. The other five are doing great. My oldest two boys are even competing in breast stroke which they have never competed in before.
4. HCG diet: I decided to research and do the HCG diet. I have friends that have tried it with success and my doctor has a brochure on it. Read the article "Pounds & Inches" by Dr Simeons please before criticizing this approach. The article explains the science behind the diet. This approach is strict, but finite, and you don't feel sick while you do it. I am amazed at how good I feel. Since it is very low calorie (500 cal per day while on the HCG drops) you are encouraged not to do heavy exercising. They do recommend 30 min walks every day. I've been laid up with a foot injury for months, so this approach seemed logical to lose the weight I had already lost before but regained due to illness, injury, and prednisone. June 1st I weighed 191.5. Today I weighed in at 169 lbs. Since you do rounds of drops (21-45 days per round), I am getting ready now for my transition phase of three weeks. The HCG makes your body use your fat for energy, but your body gets used to this, so you have to do rounds with breaks in between to let your body adapt to its new weight. I'll probably explain more if I get a chance to blog again soon.
5. We took a fun weekend vacation up to Sioux Falls, SD. Most people just pass through up there, but we like to take little trips to Sioux Falls. Falls Park is really fun, and the city has phenominal parks and bike trails. We really had a lot of fun, and it was a nice little break from work for me. I've been working lots of hours at both jobs.
Well, that's a summary of what's been going on the last couple of months. Hope everyone is doing great and I look forward to re-connecting with everyone!