Thursday, July 04, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
This month was certainly an anomaly. I went on three road trips in two weeks. Being away from home and work certainly took its toll on my goals!
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Just managed to squeak in my 1000 minutes of exercise this month. It was quite a challenge since I was gone so much. I'm still cooking most of our meals at home, when I am home! All of the restaurant food from the trips did catch up with me on the scale though. To the tune of about 5 lbs. Will focus in July to get it off.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - The last two weeks of the month were spent trying to catch up at home and at the office. Look forward to getting back into a routine.
3. More quality time with the girls - I get a gold start here! I drove mom and the girls 2100 miles round trip to Mom's family reunion in Alabama. I'm also taking the girls to the pool at least once per week. We are having fun.
4. Pay off debt - Another month of not making any progress here. Work has been slow (I'm self-employed), so hopefully this month will be better and we can pay down some bills.
5. Encourage others - On my trips, I found myself talking to others a lot about how great I feel when I exercise and eat well. I feel like I did well here in June.
6. Patience - Another gold star area! All those miles in the car with the kids, DH and Mom wore on me, but I handled it well. One trip was with my in-laws and time with MIL always tests my patience. I didn't snap and the sarcasm was at an all time low. YAY!
July will be a great month to really focus and do my best. Look forward to reporting on my success!