11 Signs to Get to the ER STAT!
Thursday, July 04, 2013
April 2008 good Housekeeping page 184
More good advice to keep handy...could be very important!
"11 Signs to Get to the ER STAT!"
"1. Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath ~ Can be anything from pneumonia to a heart attack
2. Chest or abdominal pain or pressure ~ May be a heart attack
3. Fainting, trouble talking, dizziness ~ Can be signs of a stroke
4. Changes in vision ~ May be a stroke or an eye emergency
5. Confusion ~ Again, possibly a stroke
6. Sudden or severe pain ~ What it may signal depends on locations, but it always needs to be checked.
7. Uncontrolled bleeding ~ Continuous bleeding can lead to collapse and death
8. Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea ~ May be food poisoning or an infection in small children and the elderly, can lead to dehydration
9. Coughing up or vomiting blood ~ Sign of internal injury or illness
10. Suicidal feelings ~ Mental health pros can evaluate and start to treat
11. Unusual abdominal pain ~ Can be a sign of gastrointestinal or gynecologic emergency"