Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    KLWALDON   12,943
10,000-14,999 SparkPoints

Day 2

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Today was good. Not as successful as I'd like but good. No major missteps or anything. Except a couple of glasses of wine. That is a no no on the 17 day diet. I also had some homemade granola this morning. After much thought, I don't know if I am going to follow the cycles verbatim right now. There is just so much going on and I want to live life and for me to truely live life, that means enjoying food when the opportunity presents itself. That doesn't mean that I go out looking for "opportunity". And I definitely don't binge. But rather, I need to be eating healthy 95% of the time and enjoying life the other 5%. I know that if I follow plan, I will see results faster, but there are things that are coming up that I want to enjoy. My husband is smoking a brisket on Saturday to celebrate the 4th. My birthday is the 14th. Those are things that I want to celebrate and unfortunately, my family celebrates with meals. I don't want to remember by 30th birthday being where I couldn't enjoy myself. I want to remember that I was actively and successfully working to get healthy. I ate good today. I am pleased with it. That is all that should matter. I also got in a workout...another 30 day shred workout. I am going to follow the 17 day diet as much as possible, but when things arise...real things...not just my whims and binges...I want to live!

I don't know where this will take me or how fast, but I know that I want a lifestyle change. I want progress but I want happiness too. I don't want deprivation. I want to feel healthy and I want the way I look to reflect the way I feel. I think I am on a good path to getting there.

I think I can I think I can.

Member Comments About This Blog Post:
BEANIES_MOM 7/5/2013 4:35AM

    emoticon Finding something you can live with is the key to being successful for the long term! You are doing great. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
WALLINMW 7/3/2013 10:12PM

  yes you can!

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.