2013-07-03 (Last updated 2013-07-02, v3)
* Project managed the installation of the generator and propane. In the interval between starting this effort, last Thursday AM, and completing it, Monday PM, we had two power outages. We had a third between the time the work was scheduled, and work started. Same old, same old ... in the "third world country" of NH. ;-) In addition, the electrical guys had to bring the power down twice during the install. That's a lot of computers, UPSes and clocks to bring down, bring up, and reset.
* A buddy called last week and then dropped in, unexpectedly, Friday through Monday. While this was somewhat disruptive, I enjoyed every second of his visit. Both trips to the airport were EARLY in the AM. I've averaged no more than 4 hours of sleep for about a week.
* Had to get the kitchen faucet replaced because it was leaking. MDW, Beth, was with my Grandson & Daughter visiting her 97 yo Aunt in MI. Hope she likes the faucet I picked out. :-| I picked brushed nickel finish, because I know she hates "shiny". (Wish me luck on this one, folks! ;-|) (She returns, Friday.) Unfortunately, the Pur water filter will not fit the new faucet. Dam_!
* The chain on my garage door (we have two doors) disconnected when the front sprocket broke. Had to call for repairs. Also had to reserve the driveway (with garbage cans, rope and a sign) for the garage door repair guy to keep the electricians and propane guys clear. My repair guy (company!) is really good and well-priced, but they are forever trying to up-sell me. This time I used sunlight, the cross and a wooden stake to fend them off! ;-)
* I've still got tons of food left, because Beth left me lots of meat and meat dishes and we ate veggie for two days.
* Wasn't able to get much hiking in. The mid-back problem, got worse, to the point where I was in significant pain much of each day. Dr. visit and X-rays confirmed it was NOT kidney stones nor issues with the ribs or pleura, and, that probably means it was scoliosis-related. (Previously, only the stenosis had caused pain and leg weakness.) So, I scheduled a visit with the old spine surgeon. Dam_!
* If it weren't for the Fitbit One spurring me on for steps, calories, miles, and stairs, I might have been a slug. I did lose about eight pounds, however, in part, due to eating vegetarian and eating infrequently, while my buddy was here.
* Lots of other scheduling of "repairs", etc.: Podiatrist for my foot issues. Lawn sprinkler guy for the sprinkler heads occluded by the propane tank and generator.
* Missed my physical therapy visit, Monday, because of "things"! And, I need to get more serious about the exercises.
* Reorganizing my office to accommodate one or two more computers, and storage, and "rebuild" the old one, AND clean up the accumulated mess.
I'm within 4 pounds of goal.
Feeling pretty good, all things considered.
Q: Need to meet new people with new ideas and perspectives?
A: *** Sure, you do! ***
Q: On what?
A: Life, nutrition, fitness, wellness, humor, culture, *program*, etc.!
**** SP Diversity **** –
-- E pluribus amplitudum!