June Results, July Goals.
Wednesday, July 03, 2013
In June, I met many of my goals. But I did NOT achieve my weight loss goals. June’s goals were:
1. Work on improving sleep and reducing energy drink consumption: Yes I did this.
2. No alcohol & no sweets: No I did not meet this goal
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily: Yes I did this
4. Moderate eating, focus on healthy foods: Did pretty well for my main meals, particularly when I was home. I traveled a lot for work and had to eat out often. End grade: Needs improvement!
5. Exercise daily at least 10 minutes daily. Include higher intensity activities at least 2 x per week: Yes I did this.
6. Stretch at least 3 times per week: I stretched 2 times a week
7. Lose 5 pounds by the end of month: Wow I blew this one big time. I gained 4 pounds. This setback was probably related to not achieving goals 2 & 4!
I am NOT going to let a blip on the scale set me back. I WILL keep with my program of moderate healthy lifestyle changes.
In July I am changing my goals drastically, to try to improve my health and prevent osteopenia from turning into osteoporosis. My goals for July are:
1. Lose 8 pounds. That’s 2 pounds a week. I need to lose the weight to help control GERD, and I want to have more success with weight loss. I will switch to weekly weigh-ins.
2. Get off the Prilosec & other proton pump inhibiters, and control my GERD through dietary changes. I’ll track GERD attacks
3. Controling GERD will REQUIRE diet changes. No wine or alcohol; no rich desserts; no overeating.
4. Calcium and Vitamin D daily.
5. Weight bearing exercise daily; increase strength training; stretch 2-3 x weekly
I didn't realize that I could add a custom goal and track it on Spark, I chose to track calcium/vitamin D.