So I lost 2/10ths of a pound this week. There have been times in my long journey where I did everything RIGHT and had a small loss like that. Not the case THIS week. I often say "a loss is a loss" and that's SO true BUT I know "I" can do better. I'm being very transparent so that YOU can learn from ME - not only in my successes but in my failures.
Here is what I did wrong this past week:
1) I had two days over-range. I was over by about 500 calories each day and that's 1/3 of a pound right there I might have lost. One of my over range days was Saturday after my husband returned from a trip to Europe. We ate out TWICE in one day - that's a no go in my new world even with choosing smartly and sharing an entree at one of those two meals. Restaurant food is high in sodium and higher in calories than the same thing we cook at home.
2) SUGAR - Even on my "in-range" days I had way too much sugar. Sweets do two things. They make me want to eat MORE and they cause a big high followed by a big low and that big low often causes me to head to the kitchen. I must get sugar out of my diet! Note - Next trip to Belgium NO chocolates as a prize.
3) Step Count - I had 3 less than 7000 step days. I'm pushing hard now to make up for it but I need to keep that step count up above 10,000. Sitting does not burn as many calories!
4) Choosing Easy - With my husband in Europe instead of cooking like I had planned I did a lot of easy eating - peanut butter on crackers, frozen entrees, sandwiches and pirates' booty. I am not buying ANY Pirate's Booty this week. It may only be 60 calories for 1/2 ounce bag but it's not 60 calories well spent.
So I'm not celebrating that 2/10ths of a pound because it could have been a POUND if I had tried harder!
Now, lest you think I'm losing sight of the bigger picture of 112 pounds lost - I am aware that this is just a minor slowdown BUT... BIG BUTT (ha) this is the kind of slippage that can lead to a reversal of direction... and if I don't nip it in the bud (thanks Barney Fife) I won't continue to have this progress.
WEEK 5 my goals are:
1) COOK more at home (this doesn't mean microwaving a lean cuisine)
2) STEPS over 10,000 daily
3) LOWER SUGAR CALORIES
4) CARDIO - 60 minutes minimum per day.
5) EAT IN RANGE for 7 days straight
6) TWO fruits or vegetables daily minimum.
7) WATER - 80 ounces daily (10 glasses) minimum
Anyone want to join me?