A day of firsts yesterday!
Wednesday, July 03, 2013
It was a day of firsts here yesterday. The first time we have ever had a humidex temperature of 43, the first time we have ever had rolling brown outs. I'm hoping that it does not become a common thing!
My goodness it was hot yesterday. Unfortunately most people do not have indoor AC, they, like us depend on fans to keep cool. Not that the fans were doing much good yesterday. When we went to bed last night the temp in the house was 30.5. Not ideal temps for sleeping. We did have a great thunderstorm that rolled through though around 10pm. We debated on whether or not we really wanted to close the windows as there was such a nice cool wind blowing through, but all the rain coming down and blowing sideways with such force made the decision for us. We did get up once it had passed and re-opened things. Temp in the house this morning is 24...YAY!
I'm hoping that it doesn't rise too much more than that. We are supposed to get more rain yet today, so hopefully it will keep the temps from rising too much.
1. I am looking forward to going to work this morning...we have an AC building! What a blessing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. The rain storm along with it's 100km winds last night didn't do any damage. We had managed to move and protect most of my plants. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. The house has cooled off and we have a basement that stays pretty cool. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I have lots of work to keep me busy at work this week. Time passes so much quickly when a person isn't looking for something to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm enjoying sitting here at the computer this morning with the door open and feeling the cool breeze coming in. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's payday today! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. It's also Farmer's Market today...yay, fresh veggies and fruit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I love the fresh clean air smell that follows a good rain. It reminds me not to take the air I breath for granted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm blessed to have wonderful friends and family that support and encourage me. Thank you, thank you. thank you.
10. I'm blessed with all my needs being met and the realization that my wants and needs are pretty much the same thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed and wonderful Wednesday.