Wednesday, July 03, 2013
What turns it around? That moment when you go from "I don' wanna" to "I decided I am gonna"?
Usually it's reading, seeing, or writing something that reminds you what you really, really want.
And what do I really, really want? To feel physically good, and be able to do what needs doing and what I choose to do... for as long as God grants me the grace to do so. And today that means going to work and doing my job. To be able to do my job, I need to be well rested and mentally alert.
What makes me well rested and mentally alert?
1. Enough sleep: remember to go to bed on time.
2. Drinking my fluids - having a dehydration headache will NOT keep me alert or focused.
3. Eating nutritious foods in appropriate amounts spread across the day.
4. Getting up and being active periodically, to clear the mind and sequence priorities.
Rinse and repeat! Oh, and
5. Do something for fun, both active (take a walk, swim, bike)... and restful (reading a great book).
LIFE is good. Live it fully. Spark on!