Tuesday, July 02, 2013
Having been encouraged by Spark Coach to blog about all the improvements in my life since adopting a healthier lifestyle, I was just a bit surprised to see that I haven't written a blog since June 11? Oh my, and I'm usually so talkative and have even been accused of being "too wordy". I'm not wordy, I'm descriptive. I like to paint a picture for my listener, my reader, in this case. But not to worry, I will try to be as concise as possible and as Dragnet's Jack Webb would say, "Just the facts Ma'am".
My lifestyle change has affected many aspects of my former life.
1. I am happier. That's a fact!
2. I have improved my cholesterol numbers tremendously, so much so that I will probably not be taking them after my recheck in September. Not a fact yet, but will be soon!
3. I have dropped 3-4 pants sizes, dress sizes, or whatever article of clothing you might think about. I'm smaller! That's the fact!
4. I love what I eat, how much I eat and the choices I have that I never thought possible and still lose weight. That's a fact!
5. People are noticing the difference in my appearance, my disposition and my confidence. That's a fact!
6. My motivation, my determination and my desire to continue along this path have never waivered. That's a fact!
7. I cook more meals at home. We eat out less often and we love it! Hubby never in his life has been overweight, but loves the home cooking as much as I do. That's a fact!
8. There have been few temptations that have sabotaged my efforts and the few that have been there were satisfied with a tiny taste. That's a fact.
9. My energy level has sky-rocketed and I can outdo my skinny husband any day of the week. That's a fact!
10. None of the facts listed here, would have been here, had it not been for SparkPeople. This is by far, the most amazingly successful weight loss endeavor I have ever attempted. Without the coaches, the articles, the encouragement from other members, the expertise, the understanding, the compassion and support from all of you, I may still be struggling, instead of looking at the fact, yes, another fact; The fact that I am only 7 pounds from my weight loss goal is awesome! And that's a fact!