Just got back form my Dr's appointment. We (mostly her) have decided that now is a good time to take a break from Phentermine. This is the moment I have been dreading for months. I have been taking Phentermine for 5 months now and have lost a total of 48 lbs. Which I might say is nothing to shake a stick at. I have never been so close to one-derland without giving up before. I know I am focused this time and really really want to make positive changes for my future and my families future.
I did confess I added Garcinia Cambogia to my plan and she recommended that we give my body a break from everything. That my body needs to adjust to where it's at before we can "trick" it into loosing again. She is totally aware of my panic and knows it's more emotional thinking than logical thinking. She knows I "get it" but knows I'm also worried. Going a whole month without loosing is terrifying to me. I do have to remember with all the changes listed below I will loose more inches instead of pounds and that's still progress. That I can handle the next 4-6 weeks because through the loss of 48 lbs I have discovered I CAN DO THIS.
BUT.... We (mostly her) have decided after this weekend I will:
* stop taking the Phentermine and GC
* take vitamin b shots every two weeks
* continue my Zumba for a cardio workout
* add strength training 3x's a week... ugghhh
* increase my calories to 1400 on workout days & 1300 on non-workout days
* measure on a weekly basis
* continue my water intake
* added amitiza 2x's daily to my oral medication
* continue eating digestive friendly fruits and lemon water
AND if the amitiza doesnt work....
* take Miralax and a probiotic daily to balance out my digestive issue (constipation, even before I started the Phentermine)
* If Miralax and probiotic don't work by themselves add colace
It was sooo much easier to take a pill.
If you remember in a previous blog I did state I knew this moment was coming. Trying to wrap my head around having only until the end of this weekend to take the phen. I'm sure I had the deer in the headlights look when she told me that. I did go into this appointment knowing this was a possibility.... sooo onward and upward my friends. God knows what I need and I know he will provide. I will NOT be defeated this time.