Tuesday, July 02, 2013
I have made a list of the top tan reasons I need to get healthy and lose weight.
1. I want my body to be a better temple for God.
2. I want to grow old with Russell.
3. I want to watch our daughter grow up and be more active with her.
4. I want to be able to sit down wherever and not worry if I will fit.
5. I will get my cardiologist off my back.
6. I will be in better health.
7. I will be able to be more active in my life.
8. I will help my heart, my knees and my back.
9. I will have better self esteem of myself.
10. I will be able to ride a roller coaster.
I want to live a more active life and already I am seeing benefits from not eating sugar, not overeating and getting in exercise most days. "Nothing tastes as good as abstinence feels."
I need to remind myself only to look at today as that is all I have and if I keep focused, I will see more successes as I look back on this journey. Sometimes that is easier said then done, and for me that is a good reminder.
I am not on this journey alone, I have God, my family and SP community to support me. I am so grateful for the support.