Woke up with stress...I hate that.
Tuesday, July 02, 2013
Sometimes, after a stressful evening, I will go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning, I feel refreshed and renewed.
Not this morning.
Last night, I went to bed feeling ok...at least I thought I did. When I woke up this morning, I have this heaviness weighing on my heart and soul. I keep replaying moments of the conversation I had with my mom last night in my head, wondering how it got kind of out of hand, trying to see if I could have avoided any part of it...but I don't think so. I guess at this point, I need to just follow my own advice, the advice I even gave her last night, and that is to find things I am grateful for and not stress about the small things that I can't control.
1. I am grateful that I woke up in a nice, clean, safe home, with a roof over my head and food in my kitchen.
2. I am grateful that my family are healthy and happy. I'm grateful that I am, too.
3. I am grateful that all my animals are safe and happy.
4. I am grateful that I have work during the summer, that allows me to be home with Daughter but still making much-needed income for my family...and grateful it is a job that I can bring her along with me.
5. I may not have very many, but I am grateful for the friends out there that I do have. I need to spend more time with them.
6. I am very grateful and excited that my dad will be here tomorrow! He is visiting us for a few days during the 4th of July holiday. I am grateful that he finds my home, family, and company enjoyable, and even somewhat of a refuge.
7. I am grateful that I have enough self-awareness to see a character flaw in someone else and say to myself, "I don't want to be like that. That is an example of what NOT to do."
8. I am grateful that I've been talking to my MIL just a little bit. We've been estranged for four years...it's nice to maybe be burying the hatchet once and for all.
9. I am grateful that I have all the things I need in life...and many of the things I want.
10. I am grateful to live where I do. It rained very hard last night, but the birds are outside right now, waking up the world with their songs. I am grateful to be able to enjoy this day, and enjoy it I shall!