Monday, July 01, 2013
After running my
on Saturday then finally getting over the things I did not like; I was able to reflect a bit this morning! 1st let me say that working out early in the morning is the sh*t!
Need I digress...my reflection was this:
1) Go to the actual race location before the day of the race to check it out or even run it once!
2) I love the medal (bling) & NOT t-shirts so all races will not provide a medal even for ALL finishers.
3) Right now, my completion time (even if it is longer than my dry runs) in the race is not important as completing it!
4) Walking as a training exercise IS just as important! (Hal Higdon is teaching me this)
5) During any time in a race, it IS okay to walk "some" of it!
6) Strength training 2x a week is a MUST!!!