I LEAD A BLOOMING LIFE!!!
Sunday, June 30, 2013
1) I planted these beet (front) and turnip (rear) seeds in March and though they have been putting out many leaves I have a feeling that is all I am going to get BUT I will give them to September to produce--I don't care if it is a teeny baby turnip or beet!! I do know I probably should have thinned them out when the leaves first appeared!
2) I don't know what this blue flower is but it bloomed in the same pot that I had the miniature sunflowers which are still blooming and, in the background, you can see the marigolds are still growing strong.
3) This is a Royal Poinciana tree and they are in bloom all over the city. This one is sort of bare compared to others but when you see them the red just jumps out at you. They are very messy as the blooms fall all over but they are beautiful.
4) This is in Holiday Park--on the left is a Jacaranda tree, not to be confused with the Queen Crepe Myrtle tree in picture 8--and on the right another Royal Poinciana. As beautiful as both are neither have an aroma!
5 and 6) are pictures of the same old tree which has some magnificent wood and is still very much alive.
7) This is a tree about a block away from me--I dion't have any idea how much more it can bend over without breaking but I check it every day!
8) Queen Crepe Myrtle tree right outside the walkway of my apartment. Another beautiful tree with beautiful flowers but the latter has no aroma! Mother Nature works in mysterious ways.