I have been on Sparkpeople for more than 6 months, and during this time, I have learned some important "lessons" in my life that I would like to share with you, my Spark friends. So, here it goes:
- Sometimes, bad things happen for a good reason. If I hadn't gained 60 pounds due to health issues, I would later never have discovered the joy of living an active life and being physically active! Yes, it is true: workout is a natural mood-lifter. I feel better and more energetic, and can't imagine a life without workout anymore.
- Yes, one cake does make a difference! So does every step in the right direction, and every single healthy decision.
- There will always be set-backs. Don't look at the trees and forget the forest!
- Always be thankful to other people for support. I have only just recently realized how much this means to me! I couldn't have changed my lifestyle without all the support from my husband, family and friends - Spark friends included, who live hundreds of miles away! I am so grateful for every encouragement, and I am beginning - and will do my best to continue - to give back what I have received, and to spread the Spark.
- I am a work in progress, and so is everyone else. My job is to do my best every day. And yes, people can change.
For instance from this point in my life:
to this point in my life:
and further. I continue learning, and loving my life!