Sunday, June 30, 2013
I can't believe July 2013 will mark 4 years on Spark!! I can't believe I've been on this journey for that long and I am nowhere near where I want to be. I thought that once school was over I would focus on this journey but to be completely honest I have had no desire. I hate the way I look and I am not comfortable with my body. I thought that with my wedding approaching that it would give me some motivation but it hasn't. I look at other people's success and ask myself why I can't get my sh*t together and make myself happy about my body image and be successful on this journey. All my summer clothes are getting very tight and my muffin top hangs over my shorts. I had a cousin tell me I looked pregnant in a dress and actually asked if I got it in the maternity section. My stomach is bigger than my boobs. I'm just disgusted with myself. So, I woke up this morning and said enough is enough. I got on the scale and saw how much I weighed...OMG!! I told myself it was time and the only way I was going to fix anything is if I started and stayed consistent and stayed focused. My wedding is 3 months away so that's still plenty enough time to get some things done with my body image.
Here's my Plan:
1. Lose 1 lb a week...I have to remind myself that one pound is a big deal
2. I need to have patience - Losing weight takes more commitment, time, focus, and energy than gaining weight does so I need to remind myself that I will see results!!
3. At least 15 mins of activity on days that I work and at least 30 mins on off days - Be sure to work out my arms!!
4. Only eat out 1-2 times a week
5. Track meals!!
6. Thinking of joining a gym too...