As June comes to an end, I have not done as much as I would've liked this month. But here were my goals for June 1st-September 2013.
1) Lose 10 pounds by September 1st
2) Increase Walking Speed
3) Finish 5k Walk/Jog Training
4) 100 miles a month
5) Complete my 1st 5k in September
6) Be under 160 pounds
7) "Me" Time everyday
8) Be physically stronger
9) Finish 30 Day Shred
So what I have done:
1) Started June 1st at 169.6 pounds and ending it at 163.2 pounds for a loss of 6.4 pounds in June
2) Walking speed stayed the same at 3.75mph
3) Went only through 1st week of walk/jog training....been too busy to even get up and do it so going to make time in July.
4) Got in only I think about 80 miles this month, but been sick for almost 2 weeks and overall busy without a lot of steps. Plan on stepping it up in July.
5) 5k isn't until mid September
6) Only 3.3 pounds to go until I'm under 160 pounds. YAY!
7) "Me" time got sacrificed a lot this month
8) I am physically stronger, I made my husband actually admit he needs to workout his arms to catch up with me.
9) Only finished 8 days of 30 Day Shred...Going to restart it in July.
So I guess not horrible but it feels like it. School was ending in June, finished helping neighbor half the month with the rest of his basement in June. Plus being sick for almost 2 weeks myself after the 2 year old and 6 year old were sick, plus a 14 year old who got poison ivy because she don't look before she grabs things. We had fun for father's day. Took my dad out for a birthday dinner and made him a sugar free cake. Then my friends kids were over for a sleepover so this past Friday night the house was full of kids ages 2-14...7 kids in one itty bitty house is tough. But they all had lots of fun. We even made it to the beach yesterday. Today I think is going to be me time and planning out July. I want to be able to kick my sister's butt at the 5k in September, right now she uses something called "Runtastic" I guess it's an app for your phone, anyways it takes her on average 30 minutes to an hour to walk 1 mile, so makes me feel good. I'm just more surprised she is doing this. She always cheated her way for weight loss...not a good way that I would mention or even care to think about. Because I choose not to go that route. Still need to sign up for that 5k this month, it's not timed, but I will have my phone timer on in a ziplock baggy so I can time myself. My current rate of a 5k at home is 53 minutes to 55 minutes, I want to shorten it by at least being under 50 minutes. So I need to train.
So here goes to a strong and happy and determined July.
1) Workout almost every day
2) Finish enough of our house so that we can move in by the end of the month or at least by September 1st.
3) Never give up
4) Don't let the stress of summer and 4 kids at home all day whining get to me (very hard to do by the way....lol)
5) Aim to cook some of my favorites and some new healthy dishes I hope.
6) Head to the beach a few times this month, despite the busy schedule.
7) Continue to drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday.
Keep on Sparking Friends!!! Let's make July count!
And this one I think I'm going to start implementing into before everyone is up at 7am.