Saturday, June 29, 2013
After reading others' blogs and posts I've done a little self reflection and soul searching. Here are a few reflections that I've come up with or borrowed from others.
1) There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. (How awesome would this be if we could remember this one?)
2) Treat family better than strangers. (Too often we are polite to those we don't know and short tempered with those we love.)
3) Enjoy the journey. (I think we all get caught up with "getting there" and forget to look around and enjoy the journey.)
4) Treat ourselves like we treat our best friend. (If we wouldn't say or treat our best friend badly, why do we treat ourselves that way? We need to remember we are our own best friend!)
5) Try to look at ourselves like our dog does. (They don't see any negatives. They only see the good in us. We need to do the same!)
6) Be as supportive to ourselves as we are to our SparkFriends. (This one is self explanatory.)
7) Be good to ourselves!
I needed these reminders as I've felt very lazy this week with not being able to run. I have walked, but it's not the same. I overindulged with the eating yesterday. I guess it's my once a month "treat," but without working out I feel "yucky." It's ok, though. It's only one day and I'll be a running fool tomorrow.
Today it's off to spend the day with good friends at a lake. I'll get to swim and relax before the "big race" tomorrow. I have a game plan thanks to all of you. Slow and steady at first, pick up the pace around mile two and finish strong at mile 5. Time doesn't matter! If I keep saying it maybe I'll get it in my brain!
Thanks for all the support!