Friday, June 28, 2013
No exercise today, fighting a stress binge.
Why? Overtired from staying up til 2:30 am for friend giving birth. Honored, but tired now.
Knee pain returned. Why? Not sure. Skipped my walk today because of being sleepy and sore knee. Not a good reason, but did take the time for a PT self-massage of knee. Now I just want to get the kids to bed, sleep, and give my knee a rest.
Lymph nodes around my neck all swollen and stiff. Don't feel at all sick, but they're so swollen it hurts to rest my head on my hand, it's tender all around the base of my head. Never had this before, no idea why.
Big temper blowup in kids today. Well, one blew. The others handled it pretty well. After screaming, blaming and fight (from the one who blew up) Lots of talking, listening, family pow-wow, trying to make things better. Kid problems is a big eating trigger for me, and this one hit right before supper so no time to make salad, just lots of healthy but starchy entrees. Succumbed to temptation of 2 soda bread slices instead of one, followed by a chocolate chip cookie "chaser." Barely stopped myself before I barreled on. At least, I'm still in the "not gaining weight" range. Close call. Better keep a tall glass of ice water at my side til I get to sleep! So ready for the little ones to be in bed. So thankful the older neighbor girl invited them over to play, so I don't add to my guilt, feeling too tired to play with them.
Note to self: focus on all the good:
1) Beautiful, healthy baby born and I got to be there!
2) Came home to bickering kids, but they spent time yesterday and again today trying to sort feelings out.
3) Husband helped.
4) The older kids are keeping up their chores & helping.
5) The younger kids have found someone to play with actively, so they can get some exercise and be ready for bed soon!
6) Then I can rest!
7) Kept calorie log and blog today.
8) No one is sick.
9) No one got seriously hurt.
10) We're doing our best to teach our kids right from wrong.