A few days off work + wedding help
Thursday, June 27, 2013
So I've been off work since 1pm on Tuesday. For those who don't know, I dropped a whiteboard on my foot and, since it probably weighs nearly 20lb, it hurt. My boss told me to stay off work until it was better and for once I'm actually doing as I'm told, but for a funny reason...
I can't wear shoes. I can't have any pressure at all on the top of my right foot, so wearing shoes is painful. I can't go to work in my slippers (I asked) so I am stuck at home until the bruising and swelling goes away enough so that shoes aren't painful anymore.
I hate being sick and injured. I'm not built for it. Reports are due so I've been working on those, but once those are finished I don't have much to do except google wedding stuff, which is dangerous with my wedding budget long gone.
On that note - I've never gotten married before so I don't know what I need besides the big stuff (which is booked). I'm going to put a list below and if you think I've missed anything please feel free to add to it! As a note I'm talking essentials - we are on a tight budget!
- Venue (with food and booze included)
- Dress, shoes, veil, bra
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen (we are having a groomswoman as well!)
- Hair and make up
- Suits, etc
- Invitations and save the dates
- Wedding favours (cake pops, so cute! We are having a bride and groom cake pops for our cake topper)
- Wedding night accommodation
- Honeymoon (if we can afford it... It's so expensive to leave NZ because we are so far away and I'd prefer an overseas honeymoon)
Am I missing anything big?