Wednesday, June 26, 2013
This week I want to focus on improving that fact that when I am with other people especially close relations who I am not as comfortable or relaxed with I either overeat or eat the wrong thing (sinful sugar or starches)
After giving it much thought I came up with a few reasons that I need adjustment:
1. I am self conscious that I am still overweight and they are not so I am oversensitive to how I feel I look to them, letting down myself and them (especially family members who love me)
2. Even if I allow for the extra calories still feel uncomfortable or that they are judging or watching me negatively (since my mom even comments in front of other people which makes me upset) and I get rebellious and go off my planned menu or overeat from the tension the situation creates to me.
3. I need to find a way to be stronger and plan better so I can't be thrown off my course.
4. I need to prepare ahead of time so I won't be anxious and hungry possibly eat before I go and order very light fare though I don't like the feeling of being different.
5. I will work on that since I don't want to sabotage my progress in any way since I work so hard for each pound lost.
I am going to journal and try to replace these negative feeling with fortifying positive ones.
Thank you for all the support of my Spark Family.