Hello, My Friends! I have missed you!
To fully explain where I am at this moment, I must first tell you where I have been during the last two months. So first, I will review the past:
1) There were many distressing moments during the month of April. First I was sadly disappointed in what was to be marked a milestone in my journey to a better me. My first 5K walk. I know some of you remember the excitement I had in participating in this 5K walk. The walk was a disappointment in that it was unorganized and in no way challenging. I left the event frustrated, angry and very sad. I realized that there is little emphasis on a 5k walk. Reviewing other local events, I saw this same trend. Why don’t they support walks like they do runs? Maybe there are others out there that also want a challenging walk. Maybe there are others like me that may never be able to run due to physical or medical reasons.
2) My “simple” surgery on April 24, seemed to go well initially, but soon turned into a night mare. I learned that during the surgery I was “ripped open” accidentally by an instrument that caused problems as I was healing. This slowed my recovery tremendously.
3) I cycled into a major depressive episode and hit bottom in mid may. I was blessed by the observation from my wonderful counselor and inpatient treatment was avoided.
4) In late May I found that the new neighbor next door was a convicted pedophile recently released from prison. There was another murder down the street I lived on. While walking my dog I was approached by a scary man who asked me if I wanted a “fix.” Luckily my dog chose that time to be macho and began some serious growling.
5) Needless to say, we found a new place to live and began the stressful packing and unpacking ritual. I was disappointed in my children’s assistance during this move. I had the uncomfortable task of telling them how I felt about all the assistance I give them on a daily bases only to hear they complained about helping us one day. Many short prayers for guidance and patience were said during the two weeks it took to pack and move.
6) Among the days of packing and moving, I had several medical appointments to set up more appointments. I will be seeing a hematologist, a gynecological surgeon, and a dental surgeon in the near future. Do not panic, I do not have cancer that anyone is aware of. Just a lot of weird things going on!
7) Our family has lost a cherished member of our family. My mother’s sister has passed away. My Aunt was the first of my mother’s siblings to pass away. I was worried about my mom’s reaction. But I should have known there was no reason to worry. I must say that the funeral was the most uplifting funeral I have ever seen! It is such a nice feeling to know that you are physically in such a big family of believers as well as spiritually. My Aunts, Uncles and Cousins are such a blessing. And they are so open with their beliefs that you could feel the Holy Spirit moving in that place! I can only hope that the same is for my funeral!
8) But worst of all is my lack of care for my body. Some issues are due to medical reasons and some due to depression. But it is not hopeless, I know that I can get back on track.
So where am I going from here? Well, this past weekend I started earnestly reading the new book, The Spark Solution. I am going to jump back in full force and with both feet! I know that it may be bumpy at first. But if during the first month away, I only gained 3 lbs., well that is great! The most weight gain (not really sure how much but a terribly large amount) was gained in the last 30 days and I believe it may be side effect of one on my new medical problems.
Anyways, If I did it before, I can do it again.
So watch out world, Here I come!