Saturday, June 22, 2013
We just had house guests for three days. We had four meals out at restaurants plus snack food for the Stanley Cup Game and the NBA Final game. This could have been a total DETOUR but I not only survived it but made progress. Here's how!
1) I resolved that the "treat" of the three days was the FELLOWSHIP and fun.
2) I researched menus online before dining out.
3) I split entrees and sides with my spouse.
4) I never stopped tracking.
5) I didn't stop my fitness (I was on the elliptical and exercise bike as we watched sports on TV together).
6) I continued to push my water.
7) I continued to connect to my SPARKPEOPLE teams.
8) I shared my program with our friends so they would help me be accountable.
9) I packed up the special treats that were portable for our friends to take with them and pitched the rest so they wouldn't be in my refrigerator/pantry to tempt me.
10) I rewarded my success with a new insulated water cup!
If you are curious about the meals:
At Pappadeaux I had a wedge salad (dressing on the side) and green beans.
At Panera Bread I split a Pick Two with my husband (Spicy Thai Salad - dressing on the side) Vegetarian Black Bean Soup and bread (all shared with DH).
At Wildfire we split the tenderloin sandwich and mashed potatoes (I also removed the cheese and the french bread so I could have some of the onion bread instead.)
At Cheesecake Factory my husband ordered the Teriyaki Chicken. He cut half off for me, removed the skin and gave me about a 1/4 cup of the rice.
When others ordered dessert I drank water every time other than ONE bite of my son's banana pudding at Pappadeaux.
I had just as much fun as if I had stuffed myself. I concentrated on the chatter, ate slowly and drank lots of water.
It is possible! It's a lifestyle!