Friday, June 21, 2013
Haven't been tracking my food this week, because it's that week again(I was going to skip this month and decided not to) and I don't see the point in reminding myself I'm eating horribly. I know it happens, I eat crap for a few days, and I work out like crazy to help balance the junk. I did drink a great deal more water this time, and that was helpful. Other than that, I did a good deal more workouts, including a new workout at our gym called R.I.P.P.E.D. for the Biggest Loser challenge going on there. That's been good so far. I was going to make today day three, but I think I'll make this one of my two weeks I don't go three days, just because I am holy freaking tired today. I did go running earlier. I'm starting to notice changes thanks to running, and that's mostly what today's blog will be, a list of those things, just to keep myself motivated.
Date tomorrow after work! Excited to be seeing him again. We talk every day and he came by the store last weekend, so we've essentially been talking every day of the week and seeing each other at least once a week. Kind of strange, after not being in the dating scene for a long time. I do enjoy his extremely sarcastic self though, and he's as horrible at being a good runner at me, though his overachiever self already has quite a few marathons under his belt. That's another story for later though. For now, the list of things I've learned since I started running.
In no particular order:
1. I can run a 10 minute mile.
2. I catch my breath a lot faster between run/walk intervals.
3. I now know when it's time to replace shoes, so I stop giving myself shin splints.
4. I'm a nicer person when I run regularly.
5. My thighs are still pretty big, but my quads are getting tougher. Like, burpees aren't so horrible, tougher.
6. My butt is looking pretty good since I started running.
7. I can sprint!! UP a hill!
8. Hills still suck. Getting better though.
9. I run a pretty steady pace when I just leave myself to it, and it's pretty fast. I just need to work on endurance.
10. God forbid, I actually like running now. Not in the heat though, that still sucks.